So you decided to lose weight, but you're not sure you're doing it the right way?
Know that you are not alone. More than two thirds of adult Americans need to lose weight. Of these, more than half are severely overweight (BMI, body mass index, greater than 30; normal is 20-25), and are at significant medical risk. A major reason why Americans don't live as long as they should is obesity.
Here is some of what we do to help:
- Evaluate your need for weight loss
- Assess reasons why you're having difficulty in losing weight
- Make sure there is no medical abnormality responsible for your increased weight
- Measure (not guess) your metabolic rate, and calculate your daily calorie requirement
- Design a diet-exercise program that meets your specific requirements, taking into account any medical condition thou may have
- Assess your ability to do exercise and prescribe an exercise/physical activity program (and you don't have to be an athlete to do it…)
- Identify and reduce overeating triggers
- Provide calorie-specific meal replacements and snacks
- Prescribe medication to control appetite, where applicable
Don't wait, just do it!